S.N. BOSE SCHOLARS PROGRAM
- Candidates currently enrolled in a Bachelors or Masters’ degree in Atmospheric and earth Sciences; Chemical Sciences; Engineering; Mathematical and Computational Sciences; and, Physical Sciences are eligible to apply. PhD students are NOT eligible to apply
- Applications in subject - fields other than those specified in the advertisement will not be considered.
- Only those candidates who shall be completing their degree program on or after May 2017 are eligible to apply.
- This year applications are accepted through nominations/endorsements only. The departments from each institute have been asked to nominate 2 of their best students from each discipline for the program. Two applications per stream, per department, per institute. For this purpose, for example, the usual two years Masters in physics and Integrated Masters in Physics may be counted as 2 different streams and 2 different applications.
- In case the top 2 nominated students do not wish to apply, your department may choose to endorse other two meritorious students.
- Supporting documents should be provided strictly according to the check - list mentioned in the application form.
- In case you do not have a passport, kindly apply for one and mention ‘applied for’ in the application form.
- The recommendations need to be on the official letter head of the referee with their ink signature and stamp (if any). If they are comfortable sharing the letters with the candidate; it can be uploaded with the application form (as a single pdf). If not, the referees may directly e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the candidate’s name and details clearly mentioned in the subject line.
- One of the referees should be your teacher/tutor. In case you have completed a training/internship in any lab, a reference from your supervisor there would be preferred.
- There are no partner universities under the program. As part of the application, the students have to fill in their area of interest / potential research idea(s). If the student is selected, we try our best to make placements based on the area indicated by the student in the application form. The students are also free to get in touch with professors/ labs of their choice in the US (however it is not necessary). All in all, the program aims to provide the best possible internship experience to talented Indian students!
- The internship is 10-12week program, tentatively scheduled to be held by mid of May to July 2016.
- The scholarship includes the following:
- Stipend of 2000USD
- Airfare- Roundtrip (to be booked by IUSSTF travel desk)
- Health Insurance
- We would like to stress on the eligibility criteria and emphasize that only those candidates who have a minimum of one year remaining for the completion of their course in India are eligible to apply.
- Kindly note that in case you are pursuing your first semester in your master’s degree (MSc/M. Tech degree), kindly ensure that you attach your Bachelors rank certificate and mark list. Also it is necessary that you are nominated by your current institute. They may nominate the candidate based on any internal assessments that they deem commendable.